It is soul destroying when companies get their fuel bills. Keeping cars and lorries on the roads means big money no matter what sector you are working in.
The bad news is fuel prices will remain unstable and high government taxes will continue.
The good news is we adopt a seven pronged approach to reducing your fuel costs. Here’s what you can do:
1. Attend an advanced recommended driver training programme – Clear evidence shows that this can reduce fuel consumption by up to 15 per cent. In addition to this it can also have a positive effect on vehicle maintenance and accident rates which can lead to a reduction in insurance claims. We would strongly recommend that you seriously consider bringing this to the attention of your Insurance Broker as it can have a significant end result by reducing premiums.
2. Tyre Pressure and wheel alignment – If either of these are not a full optimal value this can affect fuel consumption by up to 10 per cent.
3. Reduce speed -Travelling at 85mph will use up 25 per cent more fuel than driving at 70mph. This is a significant difference in diesel or petrol usage which helps your expenditure in the long run.
4. Fuel management and control systems – There are a number of systems available which vary in complexity, cost and effectiveness. These systems incorporate the use of fuel cards, reporting tools, card operating systems for controlling fuel on site, software for analysing driver and vehicle performance.
5. Maintenance – Well maintained vehicles produce a number of benefits including improved fuel consumption. We recommend that disciplines are maintained to ensure maintenance is high on your To Do list.
6. Fuel conditioner – There is a number of these concepts available in the market place. They have a proven track record.
7. Technology – There are a number of technologies that can be applied to vehicles which vary in effectiveness and cost. The Specialist Cost Auditors have access to a number of technologies that ticks all of the right boxes, meet all the requirements and offer the level of savings expected from any business.
SCA would like to introduce a new service to their clients
At SCA we firmly believe that Lean Manufacturing is to have the vision and the ability to review your production procedures and techniques for eliminating the waste from your manufacturing. The methodology that SCA implement turns traditional manufacturing thinking completely on its head